- Go to http://jott.com/ and get a free account.
- Enter your information, and Jott will send you a confirmation email with a link.
- Enter your cell phone number, and add any important people to whom you don't mind sending text messages or email.
- Get a RembertheMilk account.
- Return to your Jott account; select "Add Jott Links" and then select "Remember the Milk."
- Get a Google account and set up an iGoogle page if you don't already have one.
- After clicking on Add Stuff, search for RemembertheMilk, and add it to your Google page.
- Add Jott to your cell phone contacts.
- Call 866-568-8123 and answer the question, "Who do you want to Jott?" with "Remember the milk" and clearly state the item you are adding to your to-do list. State the date, day of the week, or tomorrow to set a due date for the task.
- In a few minutes, your item will appear in the gadget on your Google page.
Some of the author's ideas for administrators and teachers are,
- Use Jott with one call to send messages to staff
- During walk throughs, Jott awesome teaching strategies you observed.
- Add daily assignments to RemembertheMilk and share the assignment list with students and parents who have added you to their contact list.
- Organize collaborative projects through lists and prioritizing dates.
A few of Hines' ideas for students:
- Create a list for the course and Jott important ideas learned each day. At the end of the unit, use the list as a review.
- Create a vocabulary list. Jott each new vocabulary word and its definition. Use the list to review before a test.
- Create a list call "confusing" and Jott any concepts that are unclear to them.
- Create a homework list and Jott daily assignments.
What are some other ideas for using this in education?