Wednesday, April 23, 2008

RSS


I recently set up a Google Reader and absolutely love this new tool! RSS feeders are an excellent way for frequent Internet users to get updated news and articles -- the information I want to keep up with--without having to spend time searching. Basically, when a new article is posted or a change is made to a webpage that I have subscribed to, the RSS keeps track of recent changes and delivers them to my Google Reader account. The video below explains RSS in "Plain English." My question is why aren't more educators using this with their students? Let's say that a group of students were doing a science project. Those students could create an RSS feed that would bring news about their topic to their reader as soon as it was published instead of speding hours searching for the information.

No comments: